Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stump'n Icon

Iconic Stump
I took the family on a short island cruise 2 Sundays ago and just so happened I had brought the camera along. We were coming up Isa Drive along Capitol Hill when I remembered what I had been wanting to take a photo of. Two curves uphill and to the left side of the road is this tree stump, painted yellow, black and red. From an angle, one would possibly think this tree was carved out just for show but in actuality, it appears to be a bird's head on a long neck-be it the stump. On top of what is painted as the head, grows some new greens to which are kept occasionally trimmed.

I recall also when personnel from Public Works would wack out the weeds, pull unwanted overgrown, trim trees and the likes. Well, this is one of the trees that was cut down to the trunk to about 5 or 6 feet long. Every time new limbs try to grow on the top, it is cut down again and again and again until it was recently thought up by some imaginative mind to spruce it up a bit.

Whoever it is that is keeping this tree trunk alive, you are doing a mighty good deed for everyone to every occasion. I can only say, to present, this one, had something to do with "Independence Day" as it had also represented in the past some other icons like the Leprechaun (sporting a green hat) for the month of March and had also graduated with the many graduates in 2008 as it is displayed with a black cap and a tassel and recently-the good 'ol stars and stripes hat in the photo above.
A,B,C's
Try singing along as you read. This is Devin's style of a,b,c...
A, B, C, D, E, F, E,-H,I,J,K,ELO, MEN, O,P, now I know my a,b,c, next time I want you to sing with me, Q,R,S,-T,U,V,-W,X,-Y and Z, now I know my a,b,c, next time I want you to sing with me. clap-clap.

No comments: